Friday, January 20, 2012

I Am Beautiful!

Some things you just can't hide.
While learning Dutch, some friends and I were leaving our dorm to enjoy the beautiful weather in the quad. Suddenly, one of my friends who was somewhat shy but apparently had a sudden burst of confidence, stood up on a bench and exclaimed "Ik ben mooi!" (I am beautiful!) While the statement was true, she's the modest sort of girl who wouldn't normally shout that across the quad. We all got a good laugh as she quickly corrected: "Wait, I mean; Het is mooi! Het is mooi!" (It is beautiful!)

1 comment:

  1. I think it is perfectly fine to shout that sentence anytime and anywhere, and if you are small and light enough, you can do it right in front of your bathroom mirror while standing on the counter.

    ReplyDelete